The DALI-08B-DT8 Module is used to control ECGs for fluorescent lamps and electronic transformers that communicate with the DALI protocol. Up to 64 electronic DALI ballasts can be operated on a DALI BUS. Each of these 64 DALI devices (ECGs or electronic transformers) must be programmed with a unique device address (DALI short address). Each device address can be assigned one of 8 ISYGLT dimming groups in up to 3 configurations (setups) by parameterising the DALI-08B-DT8 Module. These dimming groups have all the properties possible in the ISYGLT system with regard to scene storage, fade time calculations, etc. Furthermore, per dimming group the colour information can be controlled according to "Device-Type-8-Standard". Mixed operation of DT8 devices and standard DALI devices is possible without any problems.
The 3 possible configurations (parameter table with DALI short addresses and associated ISYGLT group number) can be fixed by parameterisation or changed during operation, e.g. depending on the position of partitions in conference rooms or the type of use of multi-purpose rooms. The DALI-08B-DT8 Module reprogrammes all DALI BUS participants according to their group membership after each change of the configuration number.
The module is equipped with its own mains supply. This allows a freely configurable emergency function for the corresponding DALI BUS. All DALI output devices are completely integrated into the possibilities of the ISYGLT system through our concept. Thus, the full functional range of the ISYGLT system is available. The module occupies four module addresses on the ISYGLT BUS.
According to the standard, the DALI ECGs always remain energized, which ultimately leads to unnecessary energy consumption when switched off. A main contactor for the DALI electronic ballasts can be controlled via a virtual output. If only the mains voltage is switched on or off, operating devices may no longer work correctly, as protocols can already be sent during the start phase. This effect is avoided by our circuit logic.
- Emergency operation possibilities by 2 configurable potentiometers
- Automatic addressing of new ECGs during exchange work
- ECG addressing and checking in conjunction with the IP Master and the DALI Web Plugin
The following functions can be performed independently by the DALI Module:
- Calculation of increases with time constants from 0.5 seconds to 18 hours
- Independent regulation of instantaneous analog ACTUAL values to preset analog SETPOINT values at a predefined speed (optionally in predefined time)
- Feedback of the termination of the analog value output after the execution of time functions
- Stop function during the execution of time functions
- OVERSAMPLING error correction. With the so-called "OVERSAMPLING", the DALI Module automatically corrects the jumps in the analog values caused by the cycle times of the BUS system. For this purpose, the analog values between the BUS cycles are transformed back into the resolution of 8 bits by linearization.
- Execution of blinking functions